How to Make a Snowflake
- First, start with your piece of paper. Cut it into a 7×7″ square. (Make sure you have a guardian to help cut if you need it.)
2. Next, fold your paper diagonally one time. (Follow the line outlined.)
3. After you have your triangle, fold it one more time to the center.
4. Turn your triangle until it’s upside down, and then fold your triangle in 3 equal parts. (Don’t worry – it doesn’t have to be perfect!)
5. Next, fold the sides of your triangle towards the front.
6. Next, fold the other side.
7. Next, flip over your triangle when you see the horizontal edge and cut the two flaps. (Outlined in the photo with a dotted line.)
9. After cutting the top flaps off, your triangle should look like this. Make sure to grab and hold it by the folded side.
10. Holding your triangle by the folded side, go ahead and cut out some shapes! Don’t go too shape happy, though – you have to leave enough of your folded edge, so you can open up your snowflake fully! (Feel free to cut any shapes you want! The dotted lines are practice!)
11. Cut out your shapes very carefully! When you’re done, gently open up your triangle. Drumroll, please!!!!!
12. TA-DA!!!!! A beautiful snowflake!
13. Repeat this process as many times as you like to create a winter wonderland in your home!
By Shamia Gaither